Monday, February 22, 2010

Bushes and Grapes

Got out in the wet sloppy mud today, I wish I had the Garden tilled under already, but no such luck with this unusually wet winter we're having in North Texas. I decided to try my hand at a few new things this year and they needed to be in the ground, so I planted 2 blueberry bushes and 6 black berry, along with 2 grapevines. I plan to build an arbor for the grapes but I have a bit of time to get it done.

I had heard that Blue Berries liked acidic soil, but for a lack of peat moss, I dug my holes about 4 times bigger than I needed and turned leaves into the soil that I raked up over the yard back in the fall. If the weather was nicer I would have taken pictures of the whole process, sadly I didn't. I did take one before picture however, but I don't have it up yet. I hope to keep up with the blog a bit better this year than last... we'll just have to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment