Thursday, June 4, 2009

Survival = Success

Well After many trials this year I feel confident that the plants that have survived to this point will bear fruit of some kind. For my First attempt at gardening I feel that any success will be very very rewarding for me. Most everything has now been in the ground for nearly 3 months, except the tomatoes that had to be replaced after a late frost.


You can see in the foreground of this first picture my raised beds which I made from 2x6 for my strawberries. But have been primarily used for compost so far.

The garden did not suffer much from the flood. I plan to plant my onions from sets next year instead of seed, or start them much earlier inside. I'm not too sure what the best course of action will be, I'm very disappointed in them this year as only a small handful seem to have made it this far. I've been away on a trip to Missouri so you wouldn't be able to find them for the weeds in a picture so I didn't snap one.

Here are some little bean plants struggling through the weeds, you can see how dry it was while I was away.


I had nothing on my tomatoes when I left but when I came back I had a few tomatoes! Four days made all the difference.



My Carrots are hopefully growing as well bellow ground as they are above ground. Refer to first picture of the whole garden as I've misplaced the one I edited to go here.

My lettuce continues to impress me. We have eaten many salads off this crop now and have given some away to friends and family

No comments:

Post a Comment